View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 05:37 AM
ComAirColonel
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Loon View Post
Comaircolonel, i guess people aren't allowed to have a different point of view, eh?
Shame on him for actually having a good attitude; with your username, i trust you are jaded.
Why do I sound jaded? I looked at his post and noticed that there was nothing in it that had anything to do with whether or not someone should support the offer.

If your house has a 200k value and someone is offering you 100k should you really care that they are "super friendly"? One has nothing to do with the other. You should not care that they have brought the deed to your house, and even have a notary with them, you should not be selling your 200k house for 100k.

Do you really think MrERJ is a pilot? I certainly have my doubts.

Pilots need to know their value and they don't. It is no longer 19k a year. The market no longer says that a first year captain should make 60 an hour. The rate is at least 110 and once people come to understand this it will happen. The 110k that the Japanese airline is offering for a second year captain reflects what your value is more than what the regional has been paying you the last few years.

This offer pays a captain about 50k a year less than what the rate would be in a free market. Over 10 years that's $500,000. If you are offended because I feel you are worth $500,000 more than you think you are worth then I truly apologize!

Last edited by ComAirColonel; 08-24-2015 at 05:57 AM.