Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:26 PM
own nav
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
It's pretty hard to get blown out of training at this point, but it's a lot less painful for yourself and the training department if you just come prepared and knowledgable. You are responsible for all the knowledge and skills required to obtain all the ratings on your certificate, whether you are at AMF, a 121, or a part 91 gig. If you are only as good as the piece of plastic in your wallet says you are, and have a good attitude and study habits, you will have absolutely no problems. But if during online training I have to explain the fundamentals of how to fly a charted DME arc or how to not wind up 1000 feet high at the MAP, you might not make it, because you didn't know the basic knowledge that your ticket says you should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good post.

There seems to be an assertion that the training department wants you to fail, or that you are somehow rolling the dice by going into AMF training. Completely false. I absolutely agree, training will be so much easier if you come prepared.

If you get on the back side of the curve, keep your head up, keep progressing, don't destabilize the plane trying to get back to where you should be.