Old 08-24-2015, 01:45 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Spike from flyi View Post
It's all parochial crap. Air Force and Navy guys feel threatened by the skill it takes to fly a helicopter, so they like to discriminate in favor of their butt buddies; makes them feel better. I've got 3,500 hours flying the B777 Freighter around the world, and those dudes would be happy to count that time, even though half of it was sound asleep on my back, and the rest mostly looking out the window. They give no credit to the hundreds of hours I spent in helicopters at tree top level under night vision goggles. If you can't hover, you're queer. BTW, this profession sucks. Go find something more stable, like becoming a carnie. Maybe you'll get to work the Tilt-A-Whirl.
No kidding!
And all that time I have flying round at tree top level at 500kts+ and I can't even get a look flying a helo at 100+kts!
SO UNFAIR!

Don't fret....I'm sure the helo employers of the world discriminate just as much as the fixed winged employers of the world.

Voski - you've been around this forum long enough to be able to sniff out the good and bad. The MBA will give you options outside of aviation, but besides maybe being able to check another box on the airline centric app for points, I doubt you'll find that hard earned MBA much use in the professional PILOT world.