Old 08-25-2015, 09:05 PM
Full pull
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by WiseMan View Post
I don't want a poor contract, but I agree with FDX1. Industry leading contract is certainly desired and a goal, but how long will it take to get that desired goal (IF at all) and how much more will need to be recouped for that delay?!
Most didn't like the interim 3%/3% pay raises, but we could be dealing with this decision without that extra money received over the past 3.5 yrs and wanting an even bigger signing bonus (probably unlikely). Don't miss the forest for the trees.
We have strong unity, but we will never have the upper hand over FDX. didn't happen in the extra postal flying, didn't happen with 777 pay rates, didn't happen with opening up CGN FDA.... Peak may be ugly, but there is the "wet lease" provision in the contract which will get FDX thru peak and pay us pennies to use that provision (btw at a reduced pay scale from 2012).
Not advocating to give in to a concessionary contract (defined as givebacks), but a fair contract with modest increases and some status quo is better than losing more money in all areas coupled with complete status quo for an indefinite time.
p.s. Wouldn't that signing bonus money be better used to buy FDX stock at this historically low $$$.,
Trying to sound like a pilot but didn't quite make it. I think the company attorneys are really getting scared.
p.s. Are you afraid of losing your bonus money for screwing the pilots?