View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Default Interesting phone call

Got a dinner call tonight from a MEM ACP who said he'll be posting here later. Don't know if that means "later tonight" or later this week. Says he will use his real name, and urge us to do the same.

He and the other ACPs were concerned about names/IDs placed on a thread earlier. While here--he read a lot of our concerns about the LOA.

I won't steal his thunder tongiht with his name or his points--but (hopefully) he'll be here soon to give his take. Should be interesting.

Obviously, if wonder who I am, Albief15 ain't very tough to figure out. If you just really want to throw a spear at me you can read about me at emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com then VIPS me. I was one of the guys running my mouth at the last ALPA hub meeting--hopefully sounding (reasonably) professional and not just some shrill voice whining from the peanut gallery.

Moral of the story is if you post like you talk--shouldn't matter. I stand by everything I've posted here (okay...probably 95%...even someone trying to do it right can say something dorked up sometimes...) and I think the tone I've taken with everyone indicates we can talk professionally. If your ballsy enough to step and say "here I am, and here's what I think....", you may have an ACP on the thread with you soon. If you think there is nothing to gain to revealing your identity--that's your call--these are message boards and you can remain incognito. Just remember--whatever you post--its read, noticed, and discussed at both ALPA and those cubicles behind the wall at the AOC.

I guess a side comment is that for all the "this is gonna pass and you internet guys are off in lala land....", at least someone is listening. Should be an interesting vote.

As for me--I'll say it again--make SVT no more than 30 days and you might get my vote. This ACP--I like him--and believe it or not I generally trust him (if I tell you why it will compromise his ID). However--I gotta ask....if you ain't gonna send anyone more than 30 days, why not just put it in writing?