Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 06:57 PM
OnCenterline
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Other than the weak reserve language, what other ways?
It's been a few years since I was there, but the reserve language was awful. At the time, it was also policy that a year 1 FO could not/would not get paid for a sick call, which is not only morally wrong, but a potential safety hazard. I don't know if that is still the case.

Originally Posted by FlyingKat View Post
I think they are more worried about CQFOs and FOs jumping to other regionals that will have quick upgrades, large bonuses, and some kind of path to mainline.
There are a couple of things you guys need to keep in mind here. As FK says in another post, some form of bonus with a new TA is standard. The terminology matters because of tax implications, but either way, there will be something.

As far as the idea that the company won't want to pay to keep people from jumping ship, you need to remember this: any such cost is only going to be incurred if UA and AA agree to cover it. I work for UA, and the company is well aware of the pilot shortage at the regionals, and they know that if monetizing an incentive is necessary to get people to come to TSA is necessary, those cost need to be addressed in the code-share contract.

Whether or not you guys vote it in, obviously, is a different story.