Thread: Allegiant Air

flyingdutchman1 , 08-27-2015 08:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off
flyingdutchman1
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2011
Quote: Speaking of Airbus, are there any Bus Pilots that would care to share their perspective of flying for G4 on the Airbus vs. MD80? I know the MD80 operation well and I'm looking for a change - I'm hoping the Airbus offers that bump in QOL & frankly more enjoyable flying days.

Thanks for any insight.
I was on the 80 for 3 years, then went to the AB. Honestly being on the AB is like being at a different airline. There isn't as many maintenance problems as the 80 has. Then when there is a problem the severity of the problem isn't what the 80 has. The aircraft itself is easy to fly. I have yet to sweat in the Airbus. It may be 105 degrees outside and the cockpit is a comfy 72. Passengers don't have to close the shades to keep the airplane cool, in the Airbus I feel like I'm flying at a real airline. I fly four legs in it and don't feel tired at all. In the 80 I felt exhausted after 4 leg days. The training in the AB is much better than the 80. We have "Allegiantized" it so it may not be as good as other airlines, but it is better than the 80 here. I would NEVER go back to the 80. I don't care if it would be the difference of being the #1 CA on the 80 or the most Jr in the AB, I would pick AB everytime. If you are looking for a quality of life boost and stay at Allegiant, I would pick Airbus. Of course I am sure someone will tell you how horrible the Airbus is here, but from my experiences of comparing life on the Allegiant 80 to life on the Allegiant AB, I prefer AB.