View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Micro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Micro,

Your points are valid--there does seem to be some shortfalls. However, the fact is if STV's are removed the only guys over there will be the ones that bid it. I agree--doesn't sound like a good deal for a family guy--but at least you'll have the choice to bid it or not bid it. I'm sure the guys in pools are screaming "vote it down!" so there might be a vacancy or two to till.

However--my objection is that as the LOA is written now, the guy who would NEVER consider bidding it--no matter what the benefits--could get sent against his or her will. That's a pretty huge leap from our current CBA.

However--anytime you find yourself on the outside of the company's position and the outside of the union's position--its a very uncomfortable position to be in. How did we get from so unified last year to this?

Agreed, the chance of being forced over there against your will is unacceptable!! I don't really worry about being outside the companies position but I'm pi$$ed that I have to be against my unions position. We got to this ununified state because the MEC is continually making decisions that are not in line with what this membership wants. Now we're going to have town meetings so that they can continue to "explain" decisions well gone by. I'm sorry but I don't believe this MEC will EVER regain the unity we once had without them being removed. They have become too arrogant and too self serving.