View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 02:26 PM
ipickedthewrong
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015

There is not much information out there, and to make sure pilots know what they are getting into, I have a few facts to share. Yes, this was a great company 2 years ago. Yes, they had some good leadership in the past. Yes, they still have a 7 on 4 off, 7 on 3 off schedule. They have gone through 3 Cheif Pilots in the past year, progressively decreasing in quality. The current Chief Pilot is not trusted by the pilot group. The Director of Operations is more concerned with profit than safety. He has bullied pilots into flying when they shouldn't have. As for the schedules, it was nice to be able to plan months in advance. This is no longer the case. Your schedule can now change for the month with only 5 days notice, and the trend is moving to a "soft" days off schedule. Recently my friend put in his "4 week notice" required by the employee handbook, only to be told he was terminated. Mountain Aviation employees: keep this in mind when you are ready to move on. Be ready to go 4 weeks without pay because you are following their policies. If you are unemployed and waiting for something better to come along, Mountain Aviation will pay the bills. If you are a professional with your career ahead of you, I would stay where you are and look elsewhere.