Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 03:58 PM
piloco
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
Honest question here, what is the source for this? Try as I might I've never seen anybody say they specifically value 121 time over other types. Don't majors take fractional and Pt91 captains fairly regularly too? Cargo beats the PIC drum, Regionals and flight schools preach 121 and flow agreements. Both sides have a financial stake in getting a young pilot to see things their way. Any idea of where to find an unbiased source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my source is just from asking regional captains that recently went to classes at Delta, United, and American "where have the new hires come from" and they said at their classes about 90-95% are from regionals or other scheduled passenger airlines Or LARGE cargo carriers like ups and FedEx. those who aren't any of this are from military usually. For sure I haven't heard one tell me that they ran into ameriflight pilots that were direct hires and from my time at amf I also don't know a single one (personally) to have in recent years (last 10) made it to anywhere (major airline based) other than alligent. You hear people at amf say "well there was this one guy" but when asked for detail, no one seems to know who that "one guy" was.
so my source is asking pilots that I personally know to have been recently hired at legacy carriers and also pilots I know from amf and where they are now. a majority jump ship to a regional. Also once at a jump seat on delta I saw a newspaper of theirs saying were their most recent new hires came from and it pretty much listed all regionals, military and things like frontier, spirit, virgin America, ups, FedEx. the portion that said "other"' was only at 3% I believe.. don't 100% remember but it was really low.