View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 07:58 AM
MaydayMark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
I don't think anybody here equated them to car salesmen or was that insulting, but they have a job to do, and after recommending a TA to be passed, they will be presenting a biased view (just as any other roadshow you've seen right?, nothing personal), just as much as the dissenters would present a biased view if they were allowed to present it in roadshow form.

And I completely agree with your sentiment: MEC Chairman CD is completely a 100% stand-up guy, and also has his heart the right place. I look forward to discuss

Albie and professional friends ...

I always try to attend the Roadshows hoping that the folks who have lived this drama see details that I may have overlooked.

I thought it was interesting that the FPA did not give us the courtesy of distributing copies prior to their Roadshows? I left the FPA presentation thinking that (after I read the TA) I would probably vote for it. When my copy of the TA arrived in the mail I spent several days reading it. My opinion; the Roadshow only highlighted the good points. There had been no mention of the bad points. I felt as if I had been deceived and voted NO!! It's very interesting to me that the FPA Negotiating Committee Chairman was subsequently promoted to VP of Flight Ops (and has NOT been our friend)!*?

Another NC Committee Chairman was subsequently promoted to SCP (and has not been our freind)!*?

I've worked at airlines where Management was on the same side as the pilots. If you got in trouble in was their job to see if there was a reasonable way to get you out of trouble. Management was your friend. It's not that way here ... I think that's sad.