Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by 108dash3 View Post
Hey look everybody! Frank Lorenzo Jr. would probably give up his entire paycheck just to fly an average 50 seater.(you were probably still dragging around a sh1tty diaper in 1989, but you should read up on Mr. Lorenzo to get this reference. Hint: he busted labor unions for their pay.)You need to start relating with who you really are at this company: labor.
For someone with an education behind glass on your 'I love ME' wall wherever you live, you're pretty dumb when it comes to labor/management relations. And yes, so is our MEC. I voted for negotiation, not extension. You see, I didn't jump ship from anywhere. I've lived my life and my path brought me to TSA, for which I'm not complaining. It was my choice and this very opportunity we have at our feet is why. I have plenty of airline experience to back it up. This is a good place to be right now, but I will never settle for 'above average' and neither should you. Or ANY of you. We are professionals and now is the time to stand up and make change here. Let's open up the pockets of this company's notorious tight ways and actually get FAIR compensation. Not settle for above average in a below average industry. Breezy, either this is the only place you've ever worked and don't know any better, or you just don't know any better. You are the minority and I hope this mature pilot group proves me right when we vote.
Listen, you can go home to your three cats and ugly kids and say your rah rah speech to them. I'm not the minority. Most of the pilots wanted an extension with marginal gains. Call your rep. Ask him what the results were like I did. If you had any brains at all, or any kind of critical thinking skills, you'd know that how negotiating in an airline environment works. We have to compare our contracts to the other carriers within our industry because that's the only way to generate true leverage. You really think the company would flinch and shrinking this thing down to nothing versus paying whatever you're asking for? Some arbitrary number only you, king of bad decisions, has made? What is it? Captains start at $120/hr and FOs at $50? You're a joke.

Also, I was plenty old enough in 1989 to know about union busting and Frank. I've read the books. I've studied the circumstances. You can insult me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that this is the world we live in. Your peers wanted your MEC to get an extension and that's what they did. If you didn't like it, recall your reps. If you've been around since the Frank Lorenzo days, it must be really nice to be making close to $100,000 a year while your FOs can't afford lunch.