Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 11:01 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by 108dash3 View Post
I don't care what the pilot group WANTED several months ago. It's about what they could have going forward and this TA is not good enough for the Waterskiers. Why are you so insistent on abiding by regional standards? Ask your wife if you can take your balls out and play with them for a few minutes and actually think about your answer. And for fuks' sake stand up for yourself and the hard work you and me and ALL of us have put into this industry. Think macro for a change. Stop comparing us to Mesa of Gojetz. Go read the Delta TA thread or the FedEx TA thread. Real men over there.
And I guess having no knowledge of Texas Air, People Express, CAL and TXI, I'm a dumbass when it comes to airline negotiations. I have retired CAL in my bloodline. Don't tell me I'm the dumbass.
Listen man, all ridiculous insults and trolling aside, I would love to get major gains on this contract. I'd love to be making 10-20% more as a Captain year over year. I'd love to have vision, dental, and medical at almost no charge. There are lots of things I wish this company would do but I know they won't. Just like I don't expect Walmart to start paying like Costco, I don't expect Trans States to start paying like Jet Blue. I just don't think it will happen. That, and your MEC can only act on what guidance was given. The pilot groups wanted something and they have fullfilled that promise. It does matter what they wanted. It's the only way to know that they are representing the wishes of their constituents.

When looking at the macro picture and what is happening at other regional properties, I just don't think we have the leverage that we all think we do. Mesa, by far the worst contract for RJ operators, is still filling classes. Why? Even more insulting, their union just sent them a concessionary contract or so I've heard. We don't hold a gun to the company's head. Hulas is getting old. Don't think for a second he hasn't thought about cashing in when things start to get rough around here.