Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 11:30 AM
108dash3
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Thank you for a reply I know you're capable of. At least you're a little closer to the fence now. Look, fuel is cheap and so is the 145 to operate. Our overhead is low right now with the amount of flying and the very junior pilot group. Hulas and his lawyers aren't losing any sleep over cash flow at TSA right now. And I'm willing to bet my left leg he has plans in place to have all of Holdings operate normally in the event of sudden death and a successor already lined up. This puts us, the labor group- the heart and life blood of this place, in a position to share in the good fortune and prove to our brothers and sisters it can be done. TSA had balls once and it went sour - real sour. The management team leveraged this company to get this additional flying and there's no way they'd turn their backs on us like they did a decade ago. I agree that we'll never see JB pay, but we could also turn this ship downwind and really do ourselves and the entire industry a favor. The regional model is dead and it's costing our peers flying and jobs. Let's make TSA THE place to work and put that MRJ language to use by proving to mainline we are worthy.

We need proper crew utilization and lines, not PBS. We need to set a new standard of pay that gets guys in the door and earning a livable wage while biding their time. This includes EVERYBODY on the list. No flow and a promise of a bigger airplane isn't going to get it done. We need happy crews. Crews that are happy to come to work, happy at work and happy at home on their days off. This has been lacking as of late. And threats of PBS implementation and negotiation strife from KS aren't helping.