Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:35 PM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by 108dash3 View Post
Don't get me wrong, KS is good for this company but I thought his reminder of negotiations past in the last memo was unnecessary. After all, he sits at the table too and has a line to toe. But he sounds a little proud of this TA.
Well he does have to deal with that crowd of geniuses at holdings, because I guarantee they had to sign off on this deal. I've heard many here say they would rather deal with him on a extension than the gang at holdings with a new contract. That being said, I think there is still some ground to gain with this TA.

Management's goal (and responsibility for that matter) is to get our services as cheap as they can. They aren't interested in 100% ratification. Just 50% plus one. This is contract negotiation 101. You don't vote for the first deal unless it is so good you just can't say no. As I said earlier, based on management statements about needing this ASAP I expected a better first offer, particularly in regard to a bonus. I didn't expect much on pay rates because our pay rates were already pretty good. But zero increases for Captains leaves a little to be desired. We'll see how this goes, and hopefully if it fails they can get their heads together and quickly come up with a deal the majority can support. I suspect they already have a backup offer in mind already if this fails.