View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:38 PM
IrishSkies
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Bent over by Terrible Agreement

Originally Posted by jetstar1 View Post
I have read over and over the many concerns of pilots concerning our TA.

My feelings now is that this TA does not even come close to offering what we are worth. It is my opinion that the MEC should not have sent this to the membership for ratification, or maybe they want all of us to speak collectively. Perhaps that is premature to make this statement without having read it first, but the amount of controversy created by this TA is overwhelming.

If we vote this TA down and go back to negotiations, that is fine with me. What is everyone afraid of? We could wait for as long as it takes to get the contract we deserve, or live the rest of our careers under a contract we don't deserve. It may be difficult to wait longer for a better contract, but FedEx would be waiting right there with us. Ask yourself what you would prefer.

The mere fact that we didn't get an improvement in the A plan should be a no vote for everyone. The way I see it, the company has terminated the A plan by doing this. In 8 years when this cycle starts again, many pilots will see the erosion of value in our A plan. It will be much easier to give in to a modified B plan. Many new pilots that will be hired in that time frame won't be vested and probably won't care about giving up the A plan. We all need to think very hard of the unintended consequences of this contract.

The 10% raise the first year is great right? Why is the first year so high? It is quite simple, divide it by the years we have waited for a contract and it equals the rest of the pay raises going forward.

Signing bonus, what a windfall of cash. Not really. Our average BLG according to the contract is 74 hours a month. Does the proposed amount of your signing bonus equal the amount lost? I keep hearing everyone saying that we gave the company an interest free loan. We did not do that at all. We actually paid interest to them if we accept that amount in signing bonuses.

I keep hearing about this 6 week bid month. You have got to be kidding me. Can anyone give me just one example how this is good for us? I just don't see it.

Sleep room in lieu of hotel room for turns. This actually made me laugh. How long do you think it would take the company to change turn times? The fox already had the keys to the chicken coop, now we are just leaving the door open.

I can go on and on. I am not saying anything that most of you have not already said. I guess I just don't get it. We have been told for so long what we are worth and it does not look like we got what we deserve.

Now I challenge all of you to stand together and do the right thing!
+100%
I share your thoughts completely.

There will never be a better time for our union to demand a fair and comprehensive contract........and from the highlights I've read, this PO$ TA ain't it. I'm shocked there isn't more outrage being voiced by our crew force, I'm hoping most people are just waiting for the official document to be released before they really rise up against this insult.