View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Ray Kinsella View Post
We all lost out when your Union undercut us on pay. Your union started negotiations asking for less than what UPS had tentatively agreed to pay us in 2006. NMB turned to our negotiators when the ALPA proposal was submitted and laughed. It literally cost us $20 an hour.

NURPs are "original sin" at UPS. We can't bargain them away. It's bad and you got us on that one.

Our 757 pilots flying the same routes as yours are making substantially more. FedEx gets you on the cheap. The single pay scale, or wide body for everyone, is an area we are superior. Not having to chase the pay scale and needlessly train is under appreciated by you guys.

No good comes from bickering. I wish FDX ALPA would consider collaborating with the IPA EB but they won't. If you guys kill the TA, perhaps there will be a movement to reestablish an in house union. Way too many chiefs. The fact that after this long your MEC only supports a TA 10-4 is astonishing. It was a mistake for them to settle before us. Vote it down and let the IPA do the heavy lifting. We are used to it.
I definitely don't want to bicker with UPS pilots. We need to support and help each other. I think a union that envelopes both of our airlines could be fantastic. However, at this point, I'm pretty sure that I would take our current contract over yours, given the choice, And no matter what improvements your negotiators get, there is no amount of money that could override the NURP issue. Okay, maybe a million dollar bonus, but that's about it.

How are things looking for negotiations for UPS, anyways? Coming close? If you guys are going to do the heavy lifting, when will we see the result? Was hoping to see a decent contract from you guys at some point.