Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 09:38 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by etflies View Post
No min day, no trip/duty rig, no significant reserve improvements (unless you consider a whopping 2 hours less of AR to be worthy even though we only get paid for 5), still no commuter hotels, weak bonus/retention pay/attendance pay language, no significant pay raises for the bulk of the pilot group, no significant quality of life gains and a bunch of language for an airplane that has yet to defy gravity and is too heavy for any of the mainline scope clauses as they read today.

I can't vote but I strongly urge those who can to vote no. We do not have an industry leading contract. Until we have language, pay rates and work rules on par with Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet and/or SkyWest we won't. It's industry average, at best. We are on the back side of the growth, without a competitive package to offer potential new hires and an ever dwindling supply of pilots willing to come to the regionals all together, never mind even consider Trans States specifically. Everyone offers bonuses now. Starting pay is $30/hr at both SkyWest and Commutair. One of those two offers commuter hotels. We can do better. I don't care if we are a "cheap" regional, that should not be the concern of our pilot group or our negotiating committee. Our focus should be getting as many gains in writing as we possibly can. The company will take care of themselves.
It's nearly industry leading in most areas. I'll cancel out your fske no vote with a yes vote