Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 10:37 AM
etflies
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: KCCO

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
I've explained myself over and over. Your ignorance to accept facts doesn't change anything. One of the highest 50 seat rates. One of the highest per diem. International override. Nearly the best health care csp. Highest starting FO rates.

Again, vote no PBS without a min day. With commuter hotels, min day and maybe even an increase in days off, it makes it one of the best regional contracts if not the best out there.
Our current and potential new rates as compared to the leading regional carriers according to APC: FO/CA years 1-5 (I did my best to make the format legible)

OO - 30/61, 38/64, 40/67, 41/69, 43/71

ZW - 27/64, 40/67, 42/70, 43/72, 44/75

XJT 23/62, 34/64, 37/65, 39/67, 40/69

ASA 23/57, 36/60, 39/64, 40/66, 41/68

TSA 25/62, 35/64, 38/68, 40/69, 41/71

* 35/62, 38/65, 40/68, 42/70, 42/72

According to APC our current rates are either on par or below Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet and SkyWest. Including this new agreement (the * rates) they're on par or marginally higher. First year pay is the highest. SkyWest's new agreement allows the company to raise first year pay to $36/hr if I'm not mistaken.

That said, pay rates don't tell the entire story. As we all know work rules and soft time make a tremendous impact on take home pay. To only tout straight pay rates is to be disingenuous about the entire story.

Per diem would be higher starting in August 2017, nearly two years from now. That is assuming neither of these carriers listed gets a raise by then, and the $2.00 per diem is contingent on the MRJ. Until then our per diem is about average. I'm not sure what other agreements have about increases to per diem over the coming years.

International override is standard, and ours is nothing to get excited about. It isn't going to impact by bottom line a while hell of a lot, particularly when Canada flying is such a small percentage of what we do. Our health care is still expensive for the coverage offered. Min days off here are still average.

We can negotiate min day now, which means we can gain further if/when PBS becomes a thing here. Commuter hotels here aren't even being discussed.

Our contract is better than Mesa or GoJet, which isn't saying much. Our contract still falls behind ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin and SkyWest. That doesn't make us nearly industry leading, it makes us average. Middle of the road. Mediocre. We don't have min day. We don't have any trip or duty rig. Our sick leave is average and isn't going to be anything earth shattering if the new agreement is implemented. Retirement/401K contributions are average. We fly an aging 50 seat fleet with promises of a unicorn of an airplane that still has no place to be flown in the states. We have SIGNIFICANT pay issues that could and should have been corrected long ago. Our days off can and do get changed at will. If there are two things that will wreck the morale of a pilot group it has to be screwing with their pay and their time at home and this company seems to have zero issue doing both. Attrition is picking up. We are on the back side of the growth here and failing to hire in the numbers we need to staff the growth long term. We need to do better than average or "nearly industry leading" to staff the flying we potentially have coming.

We. Can. Do. Better.

*I very well could be wrong about certain things here but I did my best. If some of this info is wrong please correct me.

Last edited by etflies; 08-31-2015 at 11:03 AM.