View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Thinking man
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Thanks for the feedback... In hopes to add more insight, here are some answers to some the questions:

It is a start up flight department, mostly for business use.

Aircraft is a Hawker. I will be typed to start. They are planning on adding second plane in 6 months.

Re-training expenses (severance, but can’t be called that) equivalent to 6 months salary if elimination of the flight department or aircraft.

Retirement is being discussed, but no details yet. Says he wants us to finish our career with his company…

Call out is 8 hours, anything less I have right of refusal and a contract pilot to fill in.

No extra duties…

Days off in discussion… (Any suggestions?)

This will all be in writing, eventually. I have a meeting next week to pin down some of the remaining issues. And until those questions are answered and a contract is in writing, I will be mostly focused on my Southwest interview.

Overall, I am intrigued with corporate flying, but I’m unfamiliar. I like the 121 world, but my heart is not set on it either. Southwest would be great (I think they are the best airline out there). However, I am single and not risk adverse for a change. Chances are the corp. gig will fall through and I won’t get hired by SWA, then all this talk will be for not… Oh well, it is still fun to think about and I appreciate the input into the discussion. Thanks.