Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 PM
CFI Guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Myfingershurt View Post
First of all ATP is a flight SCHOOL. You're a student to them, not a customer. When you give then your money it's like paying tuition to a college, a place where they also treat you like dirt, don't care if you learn the info they're firing at you at a rapid pace, and also won't give you a refund if you flunk out. Now if you go to ATP with that mentality an not like an entitled millennial, you'll have a fine experience. I went to ATP in 2004 with no ratings. I'm starting at a legacy carrier next month. If you have a decent head on your shoulders ATP will get you where you want to be faster than anyone. But they don't spoon feed you every little detail like a 141 school does. There's a lot of independent study required. But it's not as bad as some make it out to be. I did just fine and still had time to enjoy jax beach several nights a week.
No, you are a customer. ATP is a for profit business. It isn't Harvard and not the military. The only prerequisite is cash.

I just got a new type last month at CAE. They treat you well because you (or your company) handed them a lot of money. If they **** you off then maybe you'll go to the competition next time.

ATP is nice to you until your funds clear their bank account. Make any waves and you can kiss that "guaranteed" CFI job goodbye.