Thread: Regret it yet?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:30 PM
trustbutverify
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Same with bragging about our 777/744 pay vs United, except we are about to have only 18 777s to United's 107 or something 777/744 fleet. So what's the use there if there is nothing to hold?
This point needs to be remembered when the next TA is negotiated. DALPA was negligent or deceptive (hopefully not the latter) when presenting the glossy pay comparisons chart leading up to the failed TA. As was pointed out by someone else on the FedEx contract thread, a VERY small percentage of our pilot group will ever see the higher paying equipment in our charts whereas companies like United have new hires going to the 777. With our ever shrinking gauge on equipment, it seems we're becoming a global "regional" feed for our international partners. To drive that point home, on a recent MCO layover, I counted 6 VA 747's at the terminal - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

And to pour salt in the wound we just had a large 747 displacement bid at DAL (which conveniently owns 49% of VA). That displacement may as well be a pay cut for the pilot group since as far as I can tell, we don't have similar paying widebodies arriving on property for a couple of years.

So, I don't have any regrets voting NO.