Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 11:51 AM
MavAv8r
Banned

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
I agree with what he's saying, in theory. So, Celeste, are you asking for a min day or a in average day? I think we could ask for a 5 hour min average day but getting something like a 4 to maybe 4.5 min day is all you'd be able to get. In the example you gave, if your 4 day was 7, 6, 7, and 3 the company would be forced to pay an additional 2 hours on an already very good trip. So, we were talking about unintended consequences earlier. What do you think would happen in order to limit soft time payout? That potentially commutable trip is now leaving at 7 am and getting in at 10p. So, would you rather have more commutable trips under a 5 hour average day/4 hour min day or ask for 5 hours and risk losing trip commutability?
I think that's where a 4.5 min day comes in. I think we are all tired of this trip that goes 7/3/2/7. They seem to be everywhere. Ya sure that's a 19 hour trip, but it could easily be a 23-25 hour trip.

With a 4.5 the company is still going to have as many days where you fly 6 plus hours. If just gets rid of some of these turd days. I could see some sort of a language where if you show after this point on your first day or finish before this point in your last day then that is void. That should really only apply to the first/last day of a commutable trip. Maybe that's where a trip/duty rig comes in?

I think everyone's in agreement that 4 is a little on the low end. If it's not any better than that I can guarantee PBS gets shot down, unless there are MAJOR reserve rule improvements and other scheduling gains.