View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 11:21 AM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by ReverseSensing
In my opinion, the hardest ones are the "Tell me about a time..." questions. .... No one is perfect, and if, when asked these kinds of questions, you claim perfection by not being able to think of a time when you did something wrong, made a mistake, had a lapse in judgement, reacted poorly, etc., you come across as being less than honest, or so inexperienced, you don't have a "normal" person's story.

I agree, the subjective self reflection type questions are the "hardest" in my opinion because there are so many different ways to answer. When you show up to an interview, you will be expected to be 100% on the technical areas.

The TMAAT questions are used to probe how you think, what are your ethics/values, how do apply judgment, etc. I don't think these are hard questions in an academic sense, it's just not something pilots are used to. Pilots fly airplanes and in their professional life really don't have the opportunity or need to talk about themselves in this context.

Now, if they just had the YNGTFBT (Your Never Going To ********* Believe This) type questions in the interview we'd all be golden.