View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 AM
blowtheboots
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Holy crap. Please take off your tinfoil hat! Rest assured that if there was a vast conspiracy or no data behind studies we (doctors) would not be behind it. Doctors' interests are not the same as vaccine makers or large conglomerates. There is no "white wall of silence." Ask doctors what vaccines they give their kids. No different from what we'd recommend for yours.
Doc, I agree with you on this that doctors are not behind anything. Doctors know what they are told, and with the information age the average person has access to the same information.
Hopefully this changes your way of thinking: I have a close relative that works for a pharmaceutical company and the PHd's that he works with do not vaccinate their children. These are the highly intelligent people who research and develop the drugs. You and I only know what we are told, we are not the ones making the drugs or doing the research.

Please explain why the rates of allegeries, autism, etc. have skyrocketed. Try telling tm602 that his experience with his daughters is not real. In your next post you said that most pilots are rational, but some post on here that are not. Do you really think it is not rational for us to question what is going into our bodies and our children's bodies? In the 1950's women were ridiculed by doctors for wanting to breastfeed their babies - now we know who the real fools were. Let me use a more recent example - for years Zofran was given to pregnant women for morning sickness. As of December it is now known to cause birth defects. The list of examples goes on and on.
Do you think I am going to give Prevnar13 to my infant? It has only been out for 5 years, less time than zofran was out.
So, who is more rational? What will be the next drug that you currently support and make fun of people with their tinfoil hats when they don't want to take it, but will soon be proven unsafe?
We will take off our tinfoil hats, but please start to eek your way out of your 1950's mentality cave of "doctor knows everything and can make fun of patients who question with rationale"