View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 02:51 PM
iarapilot
"blue collar thug"!

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A proponent of...

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Actually I think this TA makes us some of the best compensated pilots in the industry when you throw in current value A Plan, Compensation, 9% B Fund, min pay per duty period, and health care. My complaints with this TA or in the work rule areas of scheduling, but we should have fixed those when we gave up Cologne.

Lets say for sake of argument that we are the best paid and will be for 5 years. That is irrelevant IMO. Why? Because we have never had a financial problem, are very profitable, and do a different kind of flying, among other things.

It boils down to the Q of what you might be willing to sacrifice if you were to vote no, knowing that we are worth more.

I have 3-4 years left, and like a few things in the TA. But those are offset by things that I dislike more. I am sure that if it is voted down, people will still fly DPs, Draft, and other things that are not helpful. But if one would vote their conscience instead of worrying to much about others and their vote or actions, we might have had a contract years ago that corrected many of the shortfalls we have now.

Just a thought.