Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
blastboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: RC-3 Seabee. Skipper of the A21 cutter.

Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
Uhhhh........? no. not analogous in any way.
Uhhhhhh....Yes. I would say so and I think the analogy is perfect. Next time dad (captain) comes home happy with his job at UAL will be when he quits. By the way, it wasn't my analogy, it was the captains'. I think I'll take his word over someone on the forum.

Originally Posted by Rightseat Ballast View Post
It is sad that those who run our airlines truly have no passion for aviation. No wonder they take no pride in clean airplanes, professional staff, and return customers. Where are the eccentric millionaires of yesterday who understand that flying is more than just quick way to get from point A to point B?
Very true and very sad. The best airline CEOs were, in my opinion, Juan Trippe and the owner of National Airlines (I forgot his name, sorry). The National Airlines owner actually flew trips and loved to ride on the jumpseat and watch the guys fly; he definitely had a passion for flying. He was without a doubt the best CEO ever! I don't know much about him, but Richard Branson seems to be well liked by his employees and collegues too.

Last edited by blastboy; 07-16-2007 at 12:01 PM.