Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 AM
disco inferno
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Da Bus

Originally Posted by Stok1 View Post
I'm not miserable. I have become all Zen now, I'm over it not a worry in the world. Like I don't worry about our incompetent allegiant maintenance that left the "Cotter Pin" uninstalled on the tail assembly of the MD80 aircraft which flew as Flight 436 out of Vegas on its way to Peoria on August 17, 2015. Which was the cause of the the nose prematurely lifting off just before V1 at about 130 knots. At least that's what the NTSB found, to which they classified as an accident. Did you catch the Nightly News segment on that one? But hey its all good...

Ohh those passengers on that flight. If they only knew...
It's not the legitimate concerns that are annoying. It's the fact that the "usual suspects" can't allow anyone to say anything positive about Allegiant ever. Apparently, many guys on here have been in their bubble so long that they can't imagine that some guys coming to Allegiant actually have it worse than they do. They arrogantly assume that people should stay in a worse place rather than come to Allegiant.

My quality of life went up exponentially by coming to Allegiant. Allegiant has a bunch of problems and the pay is pretty bad, but it isn't as bad and hopeless as the regionals. Anyone that says otherwise is lying or has no clue. I have friends doing some expat work. You should hear some of their horror stories. Allegiants problems would be a welcome relief for them. It's all a matter of perspective. That said, we need a good contract and Maury needs to go. I am not pleased with the heavy use of contract mx, even in hubs. My hope is that when Maury goes, he will take his penny pinching ways with him. Our problems here are fixable. It will take the right leadership however.