Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

I like rosemont. Van is frequent and reliable and the ride downtown would be absolutely miserable. If I want to go anywhere in Chicago then public transit or uber are both easily accessible. Maybe if I had 30+hrs I wouldn't mind going downtown but at 13:45 F that noise! If rosemont was like iah short layover I might see your point but rosemont has plenty generic America to entertain but if you want a more cultural experience you are just a short train ride away. In fact I think ORD is a good model for most layovers IMO but that's me I everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Also, I'm a family man and I come to work to make money and get a little rest in between so going out for a party isn't my MO, not that there's anything wrong with that. Let's say we did go downtown and you have 30 years left (hopefully) at this airline. How long before you've seen all you can see in (insert city) before it just becomes a long ass drive to an overnight you've seen a million times? Heck, if you are a single guy, since our rosemont location has many watering holes in close proximity and we stay at the same hotel as the flight attendants, the odds of you getting laid by a loose FA are much high than if we went downtown.

FYI the contract doesn't say downtown. It says metropolitan area and that was arbitrated to be defined as where other airlines stay if there is a dispute. If you think ORD doesn't fall in step with that then you have the right to file a grievance.

Ps. Am I the only one that gets more than a little nauseous I'm bumper to bumper traffic with a driver that pushes the gas to the floor and then slams the brakes. That's how they all seem to drive too. I get to the hotel and all I want to do is lay down because of the ride.

Last edited by Qotsaautopilot; 09-08-2015 at 08:32 AM.