View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:12 AM
LovetoflyHK
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Carrier Asked for RECRDS-How to comply?

Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this forum. I applied to Cathay Pacific for their advanced entry program. After waiting for some time, they are requesting additional information from me in order to convert my CPL to the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department Commercial license. I'm getting everything they require however they are asking for my CPL Theory test results which I understand is the Commercial Knowledge Exam (written) official score, from the governing agency of my license, which is FAA. I took the exam back in 2004. I gave the written test results to the examiner and that was it. So how do I obtain those records the fastest way possible?

I checked the FAA website and all I found was a request form for replacement of Lost/Stolen knowledge test form. That is not my case and it would take a while it sounds, since request has to be mailed in then mailed back.

After about 10 years from passing the commercial checkride, can I take another written? If so, would it hurt me in anyway with the FAA as to why I'm retaking it? I e-mailed Cathay Pacific and advised them that getting a record from the FAA may be an uphill lengthy battle or I could just take the written exam again which I would not mind doing at all but they responded the following:

CAD requires the results from the respective regulators prior to proceeding with the application, therefore you will be required to have official results from FAA in order to continue to apply.

Their response didn't really say if I could just retake it. What do you guys think is my best option here? I'm not an airline guy, this is my first airline job I'm seeking. I'm a general aviation guy trying to go to Cathay in Hong Kong and this is a job I have been pursuing for a while.