View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Default Trans States

Originally Posted by Bellanca View Post
I don't know, since we started getting them I've had far more MX delays and cancelations flying the 'new' Eagle planes than I ever have when I'm flying planes on the United side. It's only my experience, but at least some of those Eagle planes seem to be riddled with problems, and I have a hard time believing they just appeared overnight once they got here.

Originally Posted by knobcrk View Post
It's on the United side too. I don't know if eagle and expressjet tried to get rid of their worst planes, that's the rumor anyways. Our own Mx isn't helping either. Like it was said earlier, I felt more comfortable dealing with an outstation mx guy than our own.

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
I have not had a canceled flight for maintenance since before the AA airplanes started showing up. I was, however, traded into a TSA spare several times in STL when some of the AE airplanes failed to get through a pre-flight. I'm not saying they don't have problems and that I don't encounter MELs on occasion. It's not due to negligence like some people are insinuating.

Just as a point of reference, the Envoy aircraft at XJT are in good shape and condition. The XJT XRs, including those that went to TSA, have always been the ones in the best condition. Fleet wide, there are literally a handful of MELs, certainly and easily on average closer to zero than to one per aircraft. We've always maintained a controllable completion factor that is around 99.8%. For example, month to date, system wide, it's 99.88% right now. That's with about 7300 flights so far. So I don't feel that the issue is with ex-envoy or ex-xjt 145s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk