View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Some guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
Hi Baron -

I'm an off & on again, long time poster...and sometimes lurker.

Right now, I'm trying to hard to sit back, lurk, and listen to all sides of this debate.

It appears you are the opposite --- short time poster, with extremely strong views on the TA.

It also appears that you post in order to influence (or maybe just refute) others --- though your choice of words and tone simply baffles me.

Additionally, your business knowledge and experience may not be as omniscient as you believe.

Valuing a business's worth using "gross revenue" is a very common valuation model...and in some industries, compensation contracts are specifically written as a percentage of gross revenues, not gross profits

It's often too easy for businesses to use various accounting techniques to manipulate expenses --- cash, non-cash, depreciation, other write-offs etc --- while gross revenues may be more transparent and more verifiable.

Thus, your characterization of his post as "meaningless crap" appears a bit misguided, as does some of your business acumen.

There were many reasons Delta pilots voted against their most recent TA.

One was because the "profit sharing formula" was being changed --- under the new TA, management bonuses would be subtracted out first, thereby reducing profit.

Delta pilots were concerned that the "profits" could be manipulated in some ways.

Additionally, the arrogance and tone of the "yes" voters was found offensive by many of the "no" voters. It motivated the "No" voters to work harder and find more creative ways to get their views out.

If your goal is to influence in favor of the TA, you may want to study what happened over at Delta a little more closely, and change your tactics.

In Unity...and Civility,

DLax
Thanks DLax. Thought you had moved off the reservation or were somehow forced into silence...Always look forward to reading your thoughtful posts.