View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 AM
GetRealDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: MD

Do tell. Some of your union brothers/sisters were unable to attend.
Pretty generic statement overall.
Very convincing.

Tell us all why you're a definite YES.
Please express the details of the "sell job" that made you a definite YES vote.

After reading every word of the "blue print" (changes in the TA), every video and webcast, I'm finding it hard to believe a line pilot at FDX can honestly say -- hell yes, this is amazing! This TA exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to dive into this pool of work rules and compensation.

I'm considering firing my lawn guy. He costs too much IMO, but based on productivity I kinda like the guy's work. But yesterday I told him, I need to adjust our arrangement. I can only pay you a small 3% per year COLA. He wasn't happy until I said I'll give you a Gatorade before you start and a beer when you're done. He said, sounds good, nobody else does that for me.

He signed on for 6 years. After that, I'll probably add a small bag of chips and keep him around another 4 years.

Wait a minute ... that sounds familiar. Did I mention I only want him mowing at night with a headlamp on.
The white noise helps me sleep.

Disclaimer: The above example is for entertainment purposes only. I actually mow my lawn myself. If I got the pay raises and QOL improvements I deserve, then I would pay a professional to do it. Since I'm a pilot, I'd try to find a way to expense it or at least get a write off. It's all about me in 2015-2021.

Last edited by GetRealDude; 09-10-2015 at 07:59 AM.