Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 03:29 PM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by vaporlock1215 View Post
Nope. I'm still voting no. I kept hearing "this is the trend at the regionals". Why do we have to fall in line with the trends? The industry is changing rapidly especially at the regional level. Crappy companies won't be able to staff properly for much longer with crappy pay and crappy qol.

If you're leaving tsa in the next year or two, it makes no sense to vote yes on this. Hold out for a bigger signing bonus, an immediate pay raise not a year from now, 12 min days off none of this 11 days off we're getting now... Then get some other goodies with pbs negotiations.

Staying here till you retire??? Want to possibly be stuck with this for the next 8 years... There are no guarantees we will get anything substantial out of pbs negotiations so it's very well possible you will be stuck with this dung for a long time.

The nc and mec were apparently told if this doesn't pass, there is no next offer and the company will drag out negotiations like last time.... Well duh, of course the company would say that. Were we expecting the company to tell us if it doesn't pass that they will get right back to the table and negotiate something better? Of course not because it would be shot down immediately.

The times are changing, people. Partners are going to be dishing out more money to keep the feed coming. They'll have to.

We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain, for ourselves and for the industry. Casting my no vote as soon as I get home.
I thought he said if there is a no vote the company has indicated they don't have a backup plan, but there are no guarantees either way i.e. they could come back with a better offer or go to negotiations. Basically we we would be in unknown ground with a no vote.