View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by Sliceback View Post
Huh? Recruiters absolutely know the number. Maybe not the lower level ones, especially if the number just changed, but PT knows the number off the top of her head. I've watched John Hale turn to her at the WAI to get the correct number.

Drinking beers with one of the top three guys last week. Chatted with another of the top three guys last week. One's been a friend for about 18 years and I've known the other guy since Sep. 1991. Spoke with a fleet manager, friend since 1986, last week.

One thinks 600 is about right. Fleet manager's plate is so full he's not wasting any brain power on the hiring numbers. Subject didn't come up with the third guy.

As far as APA goes, if the number changed RM or RJ would call over to PT to get the updated number.
Had a couple of minutes with the other top 3 guy today. He said the guidance is still 500-600 next year. I specifically asked about 800. He said no change, it's 500-600 range.

But if you've been around AA long enough you know the 2016 plan isn't done. Everything is subject to change once it's approved. That typically happens in Oct, or early Nov, with CP briefings being done in November.