View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
I agree completely that it is not a huge give back. I will probably never in my career fall under that option in Europe but I have looked hard at it twice for San Juan and Hawaii when I had DHs. I thought they would make real nice "take the wife" trips. I'd just have to work my bank or js to make up for the lost DH. It did not work out with the family, but like a lot of areas here at FDX; just because I don't do it, does not mean I don't like the fact it's available if I wanted to. Someone does it, and I could too. Since chance are the hotel cost less than the DH, bottom line, it was a zero cost to the company. They are providing a nice feature for free and I appreciate the gesture.
I had always thought this was a win-win for the company and the pilots.

But, when you say you will never probably fall under that option in Europe, that may be true for you, but over the life of this TA and beyond that option is gone forever.

Has anyone added up how many pilots are currently in both FDAs. That number is the number affected at a minimum. Also, every pilot in the MD-11 and 777 could be affected if they have an international DH without it being an intercontinental one. Think YVR, YMX, HNL, ANC, SJU, MEX, etc. And, as we get 100+ 767s, where do you think they will be flying? As we transition to a 757/767/777 fleet, it will affect everyone at that point. And it will affect everyone in the future who is thinking of moving to an FDA. It doesn't affect me much at all now, but the FDA pilots I've spoken too are up in arms about it. That makes me too. We've already hosed them over by passing substandard FDA LOAs and now this just compounds it.

When I think of all the things in the TA that don't affect me now, it's not too bad. But, when I think of all the things that are actually major to small slices of our pilot group, it makes me mad. And, many of the things that don't affect me now have a good chance to in the future.

Don't give back QOL issues! When we only get COLA pay raises, I don't expect to find any givebacks--and not in these numbers certainly.