Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Yamaha Dave
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Default Will my background come back to haunt me?

Well I am a new member here of course love this forum BTW. I just had a quick question I am about as rookie as you will get I'm in school now (junior college) still working to get my FAA exam cert. to start PP training so that's how new I am to all of this. Anyways I have 2 questions. I haven't received any kind of medical exam YET until I at least pass/receive an FAA exam cert. My school only requires a 3rd class medical exam for PP. I have two "hiccups" that I feel might crush my dreams of ever becoming a pilot.

1.) A few years back I was misdiagnosed with asthma because one summer I started coughing and the doctor was quick to come up with a solution and claimed I had asthma. I've never had asthma, never have had a shortness of breath, very active in sports. At the time I thought nothing of it as this was years back before I decided what I wanted to do with my life. Now it seams like this might be a MAJOR factor in determining whether or not I can or will ever be eligible to receive a 1st class medical. I told my new doctor about this, he gave me a pulm. test to test my lungs and I passed with flying colors so he says I've been cleared of asthma however he said it will still show up on my medical records regardless. I am healthy, no broken bones, no medications, 20/20 vision, no prior medical issues.

2.) A few years back I made a bad decision and decided to go outside and take a walk on the sidewalk on New Year's Eve when I had some celebratory drinks. I wasn't anywhere near being intoxicated I was fully alert however a police cruiser pulled over and to make a long story short I was cited with Public Intoxication which is a Class C misdemenor.

So with that being said and give it to me straight are my dreams going to be crushed or do you guys think I still have a chance to receive a medical and how will these two things effect it/or getting a job?

Thanks guys.

-Dave