Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 05:38 AM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post

Since the restriction of max 6 on and min 2 off for reserves, we have seen the unstacking of trips raise to a much higher seniority level than before the restriction.
All true, except we can only go max of 5on with 2off currently. I was thinking the company will change it to 6on/2off soon, like they did with line holders. I'm not so sure we'll ever see 6on/1off again, but fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Stringfellow View Post
Would there be any way (and any good reason) to do 3 on and 2 off while on Airbus rsv? If it was possible to bid for an open red-eye going into the first rsv day, perhaps one could still be home a good portion of the first day on, sit out at a hotel on day two, and return day three just in time to go home instead of a crash pad. I don't mind the commute as much as being gone from my kid too many days in a row.
You could definitely manipulate your schedule to get 3on/2off, but you might not get a redeye on day 1, or an early finish on day 3. Imagine a 3day reserve block where you wind up with 0300 short call on Day 1, and on Day 3 you get a day trip turn where you arrive at 23:30. Your 3-day reserve block can easily turn into 5days away from home if you have to commute in the night before, and can't get home on the last day. That's why most commuters try to get long stretches of RSV blocks to minimize the commutes and increase the chance of Long Call (14hr call out time).