Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

I agree 100% that crew members need to clean up their language around passengers. Additionally, it isn't cool to discuss aviation accidents/incidents around the general public, especially if you just avoided an incident on your flight. There are plenty of nervous fliers out there.

One of the guys I play golf with regularly refuses to get on an airplane due to turbulence incident he had a long time ago. I was about to laugh him off when he told me the story, but I could see the terror he has about flying in his eyes while he was talking. We owe it, as professionals, to present an image that inspires confidence.

If that means wearing your hat, carrying professional luggage (NOT backpacks!), then so be it. As a previous poster said, we're not a bunch of 12 year olds going to summer camp.

Wash and iron your shirt, cinch up your tie, put on your hat, lose the ear buds and don't slouch around the airport like you're in your living room. Be someone little kids look up to, not the self-absorbed Gen X or Milleniums that you are. Try to be worthy of the image that those who went before you established.