Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 06:43 AM
LNL76
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
I have to say that if you accept money from a company and they ask you to present yourself a certain way, then it is "unprofessional" of you not to do as they ask. Or quit, but don't ***** about it.

Originally Posted by Keizer Soze View Post
Uniform policy is exactly that, policy. For whatever reason our respective companies have decided on a particular uniform. The general public may not know what that policy is, but they can certainly look at their flight crew and be able to discern that one or more of them is not following that policy when they notice that the crew do not look "uniform".

U-NI-FORM - the distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools - or - not changing in form or character; remaining the same in all cases and at all times.

It is this inconsistency that speaks to a lack of professionalism in the eyes of our passengers. Do they care, or do they believe a hat makes a pilot more professional? Probably not, for most. However, there are some people in our profession who do care. It is not that hard people. If your company has a uniform policy, don't gripe about it, follow it. If you would like the uniform policy to change, I am sure most companies have a procedure you can follow to enact that change.
Two more professionals who "get it." Thank you, gentlemen.....I love seeing MEN like you representing the industry.