Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:21 AM
AC560
Banned

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by OpenClimb View Post
We all get it. You fly in the back quite a bit. Exaggerating doesn't help your credibility.
In 2014 I logged 562,000 miles not counting any freighter rides. We work on six continents with a pretty blue tail. A couple of the Atlas guys can make some guesses and I am not JB.

I have nowhere implied that if you have a company uniform policy you should not comply with it. We have one for certain workers in our organization. The point I made is that professionalism is not tied to a hat or a backpack (decorum maybe). I carry a backpack for very practical reasons and I certainly don't consider myself unprofessional as a result nor has anyone implied otherwise.

I wrote on The General Lee forum a long time ago about a TWA Captain that came into the boarding area in JFK and made a general announcement to everyone what the plan was, talked with some of the passengers, took some pictures with the kids. That is somebody who is a professional and it comes from his expertise and how he carried himself, not his hat or choice of luggage. I have had some guys with very shiney shoes, nice hats, and the requisite black roller bag knock me over on the JetBridge and not even be bothered to apologize. That is somebody who is unprofessional.

To quote A Few Good Men "You don't need to wear a patch on your sleeve to have honor". I will leave it at that for this thread as I have immensely enjoyed reading it and would hate to see it cluttered up further with the discussion. Peace.