Thread: Path to ATP
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Romeo Hotel
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by davidm21 View Post
There are TWO public FL community college schools that have FAA and VA authorization for tickets up to and including CFI. One has been around a long time and is very well established, the other is relatively newer but has the VA program firmly in place. Both coincidentally have the same contract provider (HOVA). The first place I would look at is Broward College in Hollywood, FL (Ft. Lauderdale suburb). I taught out of that school and it is fairly well established and most of the students enjoy it there. The demographics of students seems pretty well mixed (So. FL) and there are a lot of VA students. The other place I would look at is Polk State College out of Lakeland, FL. They have a smaller program. Keep in mind the area/demographics is different (North Central FL) but their program is good as well. I do believe that Polk has or is certainly close to getting a BS program (more benefits).
Thanks for the help. I didn't know about Polk.
I've checked out the Broward site and couldn't really find much info relating to the R-ATP restrictions, or the hours the program offers. Can you shed some light on that?