View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:26 PM
FlameNSky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by SayAlt View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. This industry is long on promise and short on delivery, and whenever it sounds too good to be true you could bank on it being exactly that.

Only if you are 100% accurate about your prognostications and claims. Can you really blame anyone for being skeptical in this industry??
I don't blame you a bit for being skeptical. I was too until it was disclosed to me what their plan was and was convinced by Parker's comments and actions that he is sincere in wanting the flow to work. Not because he is a nice guy but because he is a businessman and sees it as the cheapest solution to his problem of staffing AA regional flying.

The total 12,000 hrs of returned block flying are supposed to be complete by the end of the year. I have noticed an increase of about 30 hard lines for next month. This kind of surprised me since we have so many low time lines. I would have expected the additional flight hours to return the lines to higher times.

I would caution anyone considering a move from being too cautious. Those who move first will benefit the most. I am actually in the same boat trying to determine what major airline would be the best fit for me. You can research and try to make a educated decision but there are always unknowns.

I didn't come to Eagle for the flow but in the end, it is something that will work out very good for me. There are many pilots at Reno, TWA, Midwest, Eastern, ATA etc that might regret their career decisions, but there was no way they could have guess that things would have happened the way they did. What's the expression, "You will only know if you made the right choice when you retire." In the end, we all have to make our own choices and live with the consequences of those decisions. Overall, I would rather be a pilot starting out today than someone who had to endure the "lost decade" in the middle of their career. Until recently AA and US had 20 year upgrades. That like the lack of flow at envoy of the past is something we will not see again for quite a long time.