View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by FDXAV8R View Post
You are wasting your time CD is all purple. Time to give up daytime cubicle flying and get back to being a pilot Chuck--No big expense account on the line either.
YGTFSM.

Vote the TA up or down. Its not sweet of a deal that if it dies we will mourn, and we might get a better deal. Or we might not...but again...the opportunity of cost of rejection is not that high.

I don't recall CD in a cubicle very much the last few years, however. Flying back from Europe in the MD not long ago I was impressed with his flying and cockpit leadership. He's done a lot of work over the years for ALPA, including helping get the union on the property the first time along with a bunch of other hard working guys.

He worked well with the Webb and Stratton groups when tasked on any project. He worked hard to try to keep committees focused and not killing each other. He has reached out personally to many pilots during their personal times of crisis. If he's been in an office anytime in the last 10 years its because someone begged him to be there to help solve a problem.

I don't know if he's gonna be a "perfect" MEC chairman. I don't think there is such an animal.

But I will say this...reading some of the crap here guys post about some of the most sincere and hard working dudes I know makes it pretty clear to me I have about zero interest in ever doing anything for ALPA again. The job is tough enough. Getting **** on by the guys you are trying hard to help makes hanging out in Hong Kong in my flat a much more pleasant choice.

Company man? Geez. Do you even KNOW what it was like here in the 90s for these guys? Keep typing. I'm sure you've got a ton of great solutions for all our issues with the company.