Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:35 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
No and no. But I'm new to this world so maybe that's the problem
How long have you been commuting/using the JS to get back and forth to work?

You ever done a hub to hub commute, where the non-rev list is routinely 30-40 people deep? Especially on afternoon flights. Doesn't matter, winter, summer, all the time.

Let me explain it this way, I've been commuting 16 years now, between three different employers. I've commuted on all legacy carriers, and most LCC's. And to the 8 different domiciles I've commuted to, MOST guys are at least cognizant of other commuters.

On my own "metal", I ALWAYS list for a seat in the back on a pass, as well as the JS. That way, if a seat in the back opens up, I'm going to the back on a pass and the JS pass gets canned. And the more junior guy, OR an offline guy gets the jumpseat, and we BOTH get home/to work.

The tool I'm talking about simply doesn't bother listing for a seat in the back on an SA/non-rev pass. Even though he COULD have held one in the back had he done so when all the seats start getting cleared due no shows, misconnects, and the magical overbooking that simply never materializes. And and junior guy that couldn't hold a seat in the back with a lower pass travel date would have got the JS, or the offline guy.

Last edited by John Carr; 09-13-2015 at 08:58 PM.