View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 06:09 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
FDXAV8R,
I get all the listed wants and desires for a new TA. I have yet to see any reasonable explaination of how we convince the company to agree. Voting down the current TA helps them out because continued operation under the 2011 CBA is cheaper for them than paying for what was negotiated in the new TA. Meanwhile, we gain nothing. What exactly is it that will convince them to improve what they've already agreed to in this TA? Remember, our actions have to be legal, and our negotiations are already done under the supervision of the NMB. "We deserve more" is not a very potent opener. I'm simply looking for the trump card people must think we hold that will convince the company to pay more than what is already negotiated.
Perhaps I'm deluded, but I think the company underestimated the pilots. I don't think they want a pi$$ed off crew force, and that they would prefer that we be happy with this contract. They are very undermanned in some crew positions, and will need us to put out extra effort, particularly if the weather gets ugly. I think they would like this settled, and that they would prefer for us to be content, not disgusted. It wouldn't take a huge amount of effort to get this settled in a way that people would be satisfied, I think.