disillusioned , 09-15-2015 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2014
Quote: That doesn't make sense. Skywest will
have 80 175s and xjt will have zero. And if they want to attract pilots to xjt in order to staff it, they need to place aircraft there first. And economies of scale? It's spread among 600+ aircraft. If Skywest can start with one 175 and make the economies of scale work, so can xjt. There is a reason why they aren't putting any of these at xjt. And it none of the reasons you gave.
I said this awhile back. Talked to a friend that works in Mecca. Said that after SGU couldn't get the joint TA done, they walked away and would just not bid any new aircraft. This friend worked on the ASA side but came back to Inc. Of course, the rhetoric was all about the stingy pilots and how SGU would show them. As I do so often with NUVS, I gave my opinion of the other side of the coin and how I would love to have the work rules and true contract they have. And reminded this friend of how little pilot costs were compared to running two management groups. Of course, we agreed to disagree.

Good on you for having the Plan B. If more of us had that, I don't think we would fall for scare tactics and shrinking rumors as easily.