Old 09-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Max Relax Roll
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by arouth View Post
Actually my top choice in the decision to retain me by the Air Force (in which I have no influence at all) is TERA. That being said, if I am retained to 20 I am fine with that. If I get it I already know to count my blessings, bc not many people do get it. Especially on Tricare...

If I could go back in time I'd still have gotten the Masters and ACSC. The masters put me over the top for 0-4, and if I stay in having ACSC done is a very good thing. I'm not sure about GS jobs (some of which are flying jobs), but at one point I interviewed with with a guard unit to fly tankers and one of the first questions was "Do you have ACSC done"?
I thought you were joking when you said doing ACSC and getting your Master's was a good time investment.

I'd have run away as far as I could from a Guard unit that cared if I had done ACSC, let alone asked that as one of their first questions.

I separated clean after 14 years - no TSP, no TERA...nothing. It was the smartest decision I ever made in those 14 years. Find a Guard unit where you can bum, build PIC and IP time, and pay the bills until someone you want to work for calls. There's no reason you'd need to work for a regional unless you need to amend for multiple Q3s, a DUI, etc.

"Do you have ACSC done?" That's just @&*?! unbelievable.