Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:03 PM
fishforfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position

Originally Posted by EjetTaxi View Post
Are you able to be hired into a certain airframe? E.g. bidding is only in class and by seniority. Also what's take home pay/expenses during training. Thanks.
No, just like any other place you are placed in seniority order within your class then given a bid sheet with available bases and equipment. It's a complete crap shoot what will be available in each class except for Florida and usually Vegas, that's the predictable constant. Your first choice base may not be available in Florida but with time you could get into it. The other bases are completely unpredictable.

Training pay is min gauruntee until hitting the line. Take home pay is about $1200 every 2 weeks with no deductions other than taxes taken out. Insurance sucks bad, no other way to describe it. Fortunately I don't need it but for a family it's worthless. I believe it's about $300 a month for the lowest dedipuctible plan which is still $3500 per year. The HSA isn't a bad deal since they match a lot of your contribution.

Don't come here if you're not open to living in base on any of the equipment. This includes the VBD base on the -80. That has the fastest upgrade historically of less then or right at a year but you will spend all of your time TDY. Some use this to their advantage as a lot of the VBD TDYs are to Florida so if you are within a reasonable driving distance to some of the bases in Florida you can be "TDY" while living at home collecting 50% of what the company will pay towards a hotel on top of your pay. Understand the training departments for each aircraft are completely different and run completely different. That adds some additional unnecessary frustration.

Also plan for only 2 days off together at any given time but being junior will mean Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturdsys off and nothing more than.

This place has some serious problems but has some serious potential. There are a lot of guys on the fence ready to jump to one side or another based on the result or lack of a contract, myself included.

If you come here understanding the intricacies of this business model and no contract you will be better off. Good luck!