View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Viper446
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

[QUOTE=skypig;1972914]My block rep...who doesn't speak for me....

September 16, 2015

I read somewhere once that the most vexing thing about truth is the inescapable logic behind words and actions. Truth isn’t hard to accept when we’re on the side of right. But when we’re struggling or short on resources

We have leverage. Its guys not flying and PA announcements calling for draft in all seats and all airplanes.

Whats with our Union's continual acceptance of the company saying we can't fix the A plan and our Union buying it. If it would take massive concessions to get an A plan fix, then why aren't there massive gains in this contract since we didn't get an A plan fix?

The attitude if we vote this TA down, we won't get anything better from our Union is wrong. Maybe we won't get anything better, but we wont' get anything worse. Whats the company going to do if we reject this TA, offer a worse one? They have already shown what they are willing to give. We can certainly get the terms of whats offered now at a later date since the company has shown what it can give.

My guess is the company has probably 10 versions of this TA with minor enhancements throughout. I doubt a No vote will even make them blink. They'll play us. They know that a No vote would be rare but would successive no votes happen on TA following offers, I doubt it. The company can offer a little better, the Union will cry, "success" and the pilots will feel like they have stood up to the company for the first time when in reality, we got less than we could have. We need to continue to press for the best contract we can get. We did not suddenly get a contract because the company decided to give in, they have a reason. My guess is flights aren't going and they need our help. Lets see how badly they need us. I don't care about more money. I want my retirement and that of others set right. We should have the same buying power with our pension when we retire for as long as we live to enjoy retirement. I want the contract language tighter so the company can't interpret the TA to their advantage.

I can't understand the Union trying to sell this to us. I think the MEC should have sent this TA to us without an endorsement either way and let us vote. Show us the pros and cons and then leave it to the masses to decide. I'll live with what we get but I hope its better than this TA.

We are in the best bargaining position we have ever been in in my 20+yrs here. We are a different pilot group than we were in the past.